The Exeter SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) is based at a safe location in Exeter.
All of our staff are specially trained to support anyone who experienced rape or sexual assault. This could have been recently or in the past. You will always be believed and treated with the utmost dignity and respect.
The Exeter SARC provides support and services to males and females of any age.
The services we offer here include:
- Crisis worker support for victims
- Forensic medical facilities and examination
- Sexual health and contraception information and referral services
- Follow-up emotional and practical support from an independent advisor (ISVA)
- Information about reporting to the police or sharing information anonymously
- Information and referral to other support services in the area
- Advice about personal safety
- Referral to our counsellor
The Exeter SARC is also a centre of excellence for paediatric forensic examination.